Monthly Games Room
All board game enthusiasts (including beginners) are welcome.
Saturdays Sept 21, October 19 and November 9.
2:00-6:00 kids and families
Send an email to email@example.com to be on the mailing list
Sep 21 - Nov 16 (no class on thanksgiving weekend):
- 9:00 - 9:30am: 16 - 24mths Sportball Parented
- 9:30 - 10:15am: 2 - 3.5 yrs Sportball Parented
- 10:15 - 11:15am: 3.5 - 5yrs Sportball Coach and Child
- 11:15 - 12:15pm: 5 - 7yrs Sportball Coach and Child
Go to this page to look for the Laurier Heights program YMCA-SPORTBALL (as of August 22 at 10:00 am it is not posted yet)
Once our program is specifically listed the link will be posted here.
Community Wellness Network
Yoga and fitness classes taught by local instructors for our active community. Start dates vary - please contact the instructors for details.
Urban Poling - Nordic Walking
Urban poling combines an upper body technique similar to cross-country skiing with the lower body technique of regular walking.
- is a preferred exercise of millions of people
- improves health and longevity
- is easy and low-impact
- convenient and non-intimidating
- can be performed by all ages and fitness levels
- can be practiced anywhere.
- improves balance and increases confidence during walking.
- improves posture, strengthens major muscle groups, and increases lateral spine stability
- eases hill climbing and provides downhill stability
- promotes a more normal gait pattern compared to a cane
- lessens stress to hips, knees and ankles
- uses 90% of the body’s muscles including the core.
We meet Wednesday afternoon (during Winter months) at 1:30pm by the valley zoo entrance, and 9:30 when it's warm. Usually we go for 1 1/2 hours, approx. 7000 steps.
Laurier Heights Community provides poles if you need them, please contact first.
It is fun to walk with a group!
Free Outdoor Swim
Click here for information about how your membership can work for you with the Community League Wellness Program